About Dr. Helen Odessky
Chicago Clinical Psychologist Specializing in Anxiety and Panic Attacks
I am a Licensed Clinical Psychologist and practicing Chicago therapist, focusing on anxiety and panic treatment. I am trained in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, and Exposure Therapy, which means that I use research-based methods and teach you tools starting from the very first session.
I am passionate about helping you beat stress and anxiety. I believe that having coping skills is not enough to treat anxiety. My goal for you is to gain tools to beat anxiety so that you can focus on living your life!
For the past decade, I have had the privilege of helping numerous individuals break the cycle of panic and anxiety. I believe that everyone can benefit from reducing his or her stress level. You can learn to be less shy and more assertive. You can stop panic symptoms from becoming full-blown panic attacks and you can learn how to live with less worry!
What can you expect from therapy with a Clinical Psychologist who specializes in anxiety and panic?
Here are a few examples of outcomes that my clients get (all names have been changed to protect confidentiality):
When Chris began therapy, she was having regular panic attacks and even stopped driving her car due to fear of having a panic attack and being “trapped” without help. After a short round of therapy, Chris was no longer afraid of having a panic attack and resumed driving. She returned to driving on busy highways and took a long-awaited trip to visit her family who lived out of state.
When Jen began therapy, she had a to take a semester off from her post-graduate education due to repeated panic attacks that happened during exams. She was feeling depressed and uncertain whether she could complete her degree and have a career in her chosen field. After 3 months of therapy, Jen was ready to go back to school and at 6 months following her treatment she was doing very well in her studies.
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- Doctorate Degree in Clinical Psychology (Psy. D)
- Masters Degree in Clinical Psychology (M.A.)
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology (B.S.)
- Illinois Psychological Association-Member
- Chair of Illinois Psychological Association Early-Career Section 2009-2011
Clinical Psychology Trainings
- 2011 International Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Foundation Behavioral Training Institute-OCD and related conditions
- 2010 & 2011 International Therapists’ Leadership Virtual Conference
- 2009 Illinois Psychological Association Conference Attendee
- 2009 American Psychological Association Conference Attendee
- 2009 Cognitive Behavioral Approach to weight Loss and Lifetime Maintenance-Judith Beck
- 2009 Affect Regulation Techniques
- 2009 David Burns-New Rapid Recovery Techniques from Depression and Low Self Esteem
- 2007 & 2006 Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) training for OCD
- 2007 Beck Institute Intensive Cognitive Behavioral Training
- CBT training in Treatment for Anxiety, Panic Disorder, Depression, OCD, and Personality Disorders.
I aspire to help you find solutions that lead to the life you desire and envision for yourself. I would love to help you overcome anxiety!
Are you ready to start living a life free from anxiety and panic?
If you answered yes, here’s what to do:
- Call me today at 847-529-8600 for a free 10-minute phone consultation.
- If you’re ready to book an appointment, click the Schedule Appointment button below to access my online appointment scheduler. I will then call you within 24 hours to discuss your needs.