BENEFITS OF THERAPY
The benefits of therapy have been demonstrated in numerous studies. For a review of a Consumer Reports Study by Martin Seligman please click here.
I have summarized some of the key findings regarding therapy effectiveness:
- Psychotherapy produced positive effects in 92% of respondents
- The longer people stayed in therapy, the better their results.
- People that were active in therapy did better than those that were passive. People that actively engaged by being open, asking questions, following up did better.
- For most disorders, people in therapy alone did as well as people who had medication plus therapy.
- Respondents who stayed in therapy only until insurance coverage allowed did worse than those who stayed until their concerns resolved.
Live the Life You’ve Envisioned!